This is something new topic Chilblains Treatment & Home Remedies which we discuss today. We are going to see everything about chilblains. so let’s start…
What is Chilblains?
Chilblains can be defined as an inflammation of the small blood vessels in the skin. The reason why chilblains occur is the way the blood vessels respond to cold weather that is above freezing temperatures.
Chilblains are a condition that can lead to open sores. Even though there are not a lot of causes for chilblains these two seem to be the most popular for chilblains occurring:
Causes of Chilblains
- Exposure to extreme cold or hot weather
- Abnormal proteins in the body that is sensitive to cooler climates
Symptoms of Chilblains
- Itchy Skin
- Inflammation usually of the earlobes, fingers, and toes
- Discoloration of the skin, usually red color
Chilblains Treatment & Home Remedies
- Chilblains is not a serious or life-threatening condition, Chilblains can be treated as well as prevented. Here are some common tips that can help keep chilblains from occurring or stop it from irritating your skin.
- Try to avoid scratching, because it will make Chilblains worse
- Calamine lotions work wonders to soothe the affected areas
- Keep the area warm and toasty, dress in full clothing and invest in a good heater
- Improve your circulation to keep the blood flowing, by exercising and taking high-quality supplements.
- There are a variety of calcium channel blockers that will alleviate the discomfort of Chilblain condition.
- Like any other condition, it is always a great decision to check with your doctor to see how serious the Chilblain condition is to you, and then you should take the proper steps on treating and correcting the underlying cause of the Chilblains.
you can also read- How to get rid of dandruff fast