Home Remedies for Constipation: Each individual has a different set of systems functioning, among them the bowel movements may differ from person to person. This also depends on the intake of the fiber content in the diet.
The bowel movements differ as it is noticed that few people face infrequent or very hard stools. In fact, they are forced to exert great effort and pressure while passing stools. People who face such conditions are considered to have a constipation problem.
Causes of Constipation
Constipation is caused due to physiological and psychological conditions. Generally, it is observed that dietary changes play a significant role in experiencing constipation. This may be temporary and gets rectified by itself.
If this constipation problem pursues over a period of time and keeps recurring frequently, permanent dietary alterations might be required. The common causes of constipation are-
- A poor diet which refers to eating low fiber content
- Lack of physical activity
- Anxiety or any other emotional conditions
- Hormone changes during pregnancy
- Pain relief or depression drugs
Symptoms of constipation
Some of the symptoms are-
- Difficulty in the bowel movement
- Bloated feeling in the stomach
- General discomfort
- Infrequent stool passage
- Sensing partial evacuation.
This is owing to the disruption in the digestive tract which restricts the removal of the toxins from the body and causes malfunctioning in the other parts of the body.
Home Remedies for Constipation
Some of the essential home Remedies for Constipation
- Drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water is recommended for cleaning the system. This regular drinking of water is essential for digesting as well as for dissolving the nutrients in the food.
- Take 2 tsp of molasses black strap before going to bed. As molasses are rich in calories it has a strong flavor. You can have it with fruit juice or milk.
- Walking minimum 4 to 5 km after dinner is beneficial in digestion of food.
- Cabbage juice should be taken daily twice to cure constipation
- Mango relieves constipation as it is viewed as a natural reliever.
- Soak 10 to 12 dry grapes in milk and boil the milk. Drink it separately and then chew the grapes. This should be taken at night and is one of the recommended home remedies for constipation.
- Soak Spiegel seed in 200 grams warm milk. Sweeten it with sugar and have it at night.
- Dates are taken with milk also gives a great relief from constipation
- Unceasing constipation is curable with high consumption of figs. Figs should be soaked in water and should be taken in the morning. This is a very effective remedy for constipation and is one of the best home remedies for constipation.
- Drinking water that has been stored overnight in a copper vessel should be had in the morning on an empty stomach. This will give instant relief from constipation and is one of the oldest home remedies.
- Mixing 1/ 4 tsp of Epsom salt to ½ glass of water is one of the best remedies for constipation.
- Mixing ½ cup of olive oil with ½ cup of orange juice and drinking is one of the natural remedies for constipation.
- Taking guava on an empty stomach in the mornings is very beneficial for constipation.
- 2 to 4 tsp of castor oil also gives a great relief from constipation
- Carrot juice blended with spinach juice also gives you immediate relief from constipation.
- Such essential home remedies are being tried from many decades and have proven its worth until date.