Cystitis itself is generally not a disabling condition, it can be a serious complication for individuals with chronic illness or disability. That’s why we are going to see Home Remedies for Cystitis
What is Cystitis?
Cystitis is a condition in which bacteria have entered the bladder, causing it to become infected and inflamed. Bacteria can invade the bladder through the external urinary meatus, or infection of the bladder can be secondary to an infection in another location of the urinary tract.
Cystitis Symptoms & Causes
Symptoms of Cystitis may include frequent urination even though the bladder may not be full; dysuria (painful urination); pain in the lower abdomen or lower back; and, at times, hematuria (blood in the urine).
Recurrent or inadequately treated Cystitis can produce more serious consequences if the infection travels up the urinary tract to the kidney, causing a kidney infection. If the infection continues and bacteria enter the blood, a systemic infection that is potentially life-threatening can result.
Stones or tumors can cause blockages leading to urine retention and infection, as can a structural blockage, particularly the narrowing or collapse of the urethra itself. Kidney damage or disease can also cause Cystitis.
Home Remedies for Cystitis
- Drinking plenty of water to flush out bacteria and dilute the urine so that it does not sting so much during urination.
- Taking a teaspoonful of bicarbonate of soda mixed with half a pint of water, or any other bland liquid, every hour. This makes the urine less acidic and stops bacteria multiplying. It also eases the stinging sensation when passing urine.
- Cook pear barley with double the usual quantity of water; strain off and drink the remaining fluid as barley water to which may be added a little lemon juice. Where this has been a recurring problem, alternate infusions of nettle and marigold and drink one or two teacups daily throughout pregnancy.
- Consume a minimum of one pint of tea brewed from equal quantities of thyme and marshmallow with corn milk, couch grass or horsetail. A decoction of liquorices root may be added to the mixture for its soothing and aromatic qualities.
- Where fever or haematuria are present, use equal parts of yarrow, agrimony, plantain, two to three cups daily for no longer than seven days. Where kidney pain is present or there is a past history of pyelonephritis.
- Decoction made of lady finger with water should be taken twice daily.
- Drink watermelon juice daily. Drink fresh onion juice daily. Eat garlic and cabbage daily. Drink two to three glasses of pomegranate juice daily.
- Fruits like oranges and pineapple are good for Cystitis. Consuming banana bark is very good for Cystitis.
- Put one teaspoon fresh parsley in one cup of boiling water and steep fifteen minutes. Strain and sweeten. Drink several cups a day for two days.
- Consuming live yogurt on a daily basis can reduce the incidence of developing Cystitis.
- Don’t worry if you are suffering from Cystitis, take home remedies for prevention and get the best relief from the Cystitis.
these are the best and useful Home Remedies for Cystitis. Try it yourself at home.