The Eye styes appear as small bumps on the surface of the skin. Rubbing transmits the bacteria from a hair shaft to another when the eye is rubbed. That’s why Today we are going to see some Home Remedies for Eye Stye.
What is Eye Stye?
Eye stye is one among the numerous bacterial infections affecting the human body. They are the result of certain obstructions in the oil-producing glands that are present near the eyelids. The styes appear as small bumps on the surface of the skin. Rubbing transmits the bacteria from a hair shaft to another when the eye is rubbed.
Styes have no age restriction and they do not hamper the power of vision. They are just as commonly occurring as cholera and they do not cause a lot of damage to the eye.
Eye Stye Causes
Eye stye are the result of staphylococcal bacteria that infect the minute glands at the eyelid base. This ends up in inflammation of the eye. The main causes are-
- the occurrence of eye stye is an infection,
- a flaw in the immune system,
- prolonged usage of eye products continuously
Symptoms of Eye Stye
The symptoms of eye stye are
- the presence of a red swollen bump,
- sensitivity to incident light,
- pain in the eye,
- tearing of the eye,
- an itchy sensation in the presence of a foreign body,
- rawness in the region of swelling
- a certain discomfort when the affected eye is blinked.
Home Remedies for Eye Stye
Home remedies for eye sty are:
- Bathing your eye several times a day for 10 minutes every time with a cotton pad soaked in warm water is helpful in bringing the stye ahead as well as the pus to discharge. Avoid trying to squeeze a stye as it normally drains on its own.
- One tsp of coriander seeds boiled in water is good for washing the eyes and should be used 3 to 5 times a day.
- Tea bags hot or cold always taste great and now this can be used for curing the styes in the eye. This is useful as keeping wet tea bags and placing it on the eyes for 8 to 10 minutes several times a day gives a fast relief and it really works wonders.
- Guava leaves should be warmed and placed on a damp cloth and later on should be compressed to reduce the pain, redness as well as swelling.
- Making a paste of potato and spreading it on a cloth and then applying it externally on the eyes that are inflamed reduces the swelling
- Applying a warm compress three times a day for nearly 15 minutes each time reduces the redness
- Boiling the coriander seeds in a cup of water and washing the eyes 3-4 times a day is helpful in reducing the swelling.
- Mixing turmeric powder with 2 cups of water and boil it to half. Strain it through a woven cotton fabric till all the granules are totally removed and use it as an eye drop twice or thrice a day.
- Rubbing clove spice mixed in water and applying it over the stye gives great relief.
- Slit one aloe leaf lengthwise and place it on the pulpy side of the sore eye. It reduces swelling and redness.
- Dissolve 2 or 3 granules of alum in water and use it as an eyewash.
You can Download- Home Remedies for Wrinkles