What is Gingivitis?
Gingivitis is a disease related to irritation or inflammation of gums. It means heavy blood secrets from the gums due to bad oral cleanliness. It is not a chronic disease but sometimes it is very painful and leads to other serious problems like periodontitis, tooth loss, damage of bone on the mouth part. Sometimes the bad oral smell is coming from the mouth.
Symptoms of Gingivitis
The common symptoms for Gingivitis are-
- the gums become red and swelling
- feeling pain in gums
- bleeding at the time of brushing and chewing
- feeling tasteless
- the bad smell occurs in the mouth.
Causes of Gingivitis
Some of the main causes of Gingivitis are-
- poor nutrition
- due to the presence of some bacteria
- food particles between the gums
- changes in the hormone during the pregnancy period
- in the taking of drugs
- viral or fungal infections
- also causes due to certain medication.
Home Remedies for Gingivitis
Some of the effective home treatments of Gingivitis are as follows.
- Add a pinch of salt with a glass of lukewarm water and gargle two times in a daily basis. This will help for reducing swelling in your mouth. This one is a simple home remedy for gingivitis.
- Rub some clove oil into your gum, which is beneficial for your mouth.
- Use herbal toothpaste that contains peppermint oil, sage oil, babul, neem, holy basil and also use some antibacterial mouth wash for reducing pain and swelling.
- The person who suffers in Gingivitis should take low saturated fats like fresh fruits and green vegetables.
- Avoid some diet like sugar, fruit juices, soft drinks, carbohydrate contains foods, rice, etc.
- Rub the baking soda solution in the affected area. This will help to remove bacteria.
- Rub the Aloe Vera gel in the gums and then gargle with water. This one is an effective home remedy for gingivitis.
- Avoid smoking during Gingivitis.