There is a lot of hype surrounding Superfoods. Should you use them in your diet? Of course! But what are they and how can they help your body detox program?
What is Superfoods?
Superfoods are foods you may or may not eat every day that is packed full of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are said will make you healthy, happy and strong. While many people think of vegetables when they hear the term superfoods, some fruits and even dark chocolate fall in this category.
How can Superfood help your body detox program?
- Next, on the list are vegetable superfoods which include many of the green leafy kind as well as ones you can find in capsule form. Spirulina and chlorella are two of these. These superfoods will help stabilize your blood sugar levels throughout the day. They also contain GLA, an omega-3 fatty acid.
- The other great thing about chlorella and spirulina is that they contain tons of protein. They actually have 12 times the protein of beef and contain all the B vitamins, including B12, Vitamin C, E and major minerals. People call them a less expensive way to get your protein. They are definitely an awesome way to improve your health even without a natural body detox.
- Blueberries are full of antioxidants and phytoflavinoids. They contain a lot of vitamins
- C and potassium. In addition to lowering your risk of cancer and heart disease, they also are anti-inflammatory. Anyone following a good body detox program will want to include these in their diet. A rule of thumb to follow with berries is the darker their color, the higher in antioxidants they are.
- Want to lower your risk for heart disease, ease your arthritis, and possibly avoid memory loss and Alzheimer’s disease? Eat fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Stick to cold-water fish, though, as warmer fish have higher levels of mercury. A few to try are wild salmon, herring and mackerel.
- Fiber helps you feel full longer, maintain weight and keep your bowels regular, which is an important part of natural body detox. In addition, studies show that those who eat fiber as a part of their normal diet have more stable blood sugar levels. All important benefits with life-long effects.
- Soy is a great cholesterol fighter to have in your corner. It is found that you can lower your total cholesterol as much as statins by ingesting soy. Statins are currently one of the most widely prescribed medicines used to lower cholesterol.
- Tea is known for having plenty of antioxidants but green tea has been found to have ECGC, another opponent of cholesterol.
- There are lots of foods in this category. Any good home body detox will have quite a comprehensive list. Include one or many of these food in your body detox diet and you are well on your way to a happy, healthier you.
You can read- 10 things every woman should know about her hormones.